Welcome to the Simple Pickup Forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street Pickups in London

Street Pickups in London

I've been doing street pickup for about 9 months now. I actually started around the time that the first SimplaPickup videos came out. It's been a very slow process but I'm finallly starting to see success. I've just started filming a couple of my pickups. I've attached 2 videos of pickups I did in London. I've found that getting numbers is difficult as a lot of the time girls wont reply to me after they've met me in the street. I've found it's best to try and get them to go on a date there and then. These 2 videos show 2 of my pickups where the girls agreed to go on the dates.

One thing from both of these pickups is that I only speak to the girls for a very short amount of time. I usually try to ask for a a coffee date when I get to the first natural lull in the conversation. The first girl I asked after we had been talking to 3 minutes and she agreed. The second girls said no the first time, but I kept talking and asked again and she said yes 1 minute later. I think persistence is key when picking girls up on the street.

I've only been doing street pickup for 9 months so any feedback on my style is very welcome

Video 1

Video 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbWWOSJdoM0

Epic. Nice work.

Nim
    Started a bit stale, felt like an interview and not a discussion but it got nicer by the end good work

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Started a bit stale, felt like an interview and not a discussion but it got nicer by the end good work
    It's a technique called ploughing. Basicly making statements until the girl gives you something you can hook onto. It sounds like an interview but I was making assumptions about her which isn't quite the same as asking question after question. When I stop a girl in the street it takes a while sometimes to find something meaningful to talk about. Most of the time the girl will be happy to give the conversation a minute or two to find it's feet.

I was a bit nervous at the beginning though because she was really really pretty (I wasn't actually surprised when she said she was modeling because she looked like a model), but I calmed down once the conversation got going.
    Last edited by mark; 02-03-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Nim
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    It's a technique called ploughing. Basicly making statements until the girl gives you something you can hook onto. It sounds like an interview but I was making assumptions about her which isn't quite the same as asking question after question. When I stop a girl in the street it takes a while sometimes to find something meaningful to talk about. Most of the time the girl will be happy to give the conversation a minute or two to find it's feet.

I was a bit nervous at the beginning though because she was really really pretty (I wasn't actually surprised when she said she was modeling because she looked like a model), but I calmed down once the conversation got going.
    Oh, I see, that clears it up so have you had any contact with the girl since?

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Oh, I see, that clears it up so have you had any contact with the girl since?
    We went to Starbucks for about 25 minutes but I haven't seen her since, I had to fly back to Spain where I live the next morning and she was just visiting London for a couple of days. We texted a couple of times but since she doesn't live in London it's a bit of a long shot.

Classical Yad stop. I'd personally like to see a bit more imposition/affirmation on the actual stop.

Mad props though.
    "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you will become!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InK3-...feature=relmfu

"Be Great, Powerful Beyond Measure": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSYtQy9EqTA

"Arnold Schwarzenegger: Life's Six Rules": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE_gnKKNzPY

"If I shoot you now, you've done nothing in your life! You fucking doormat! You've done nothing!"

Instead of the "Excuse me. Can I tell you something." go for "Excuse me (attention grabber) (Eye contact 1sec) I was over there with my friend and I had to come over and tell you that you like nice/adorable/have an interesting style/nice dress/..."

Can I tell you something sounds too submissive and it shows in your body language (don't lean in). Assume authority, assume attraction.
    "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you will become!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InK3-...feature=relmfu

"Arnold Schwarzenegger: Life's Six Rules": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE_gnKKNzPY

"If I shoot you now, you've done nothing in your life! You fucking doormat! You've done nothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkitanko View Post
    Instead of the "Excuse me. Can I tell you something." go for "Excuse me (attention grabber) (Eye contact 1sec) I was over there with my friend and I had to come over and tell you that you like nice/adorable/have an interesting style/nice dress/..."

Can I tell you something sounds too submissive and it shows in your body language (don't lean in). Assume authority, assume attraction.
    You're right it is the classic Yad stop, I had some private coaching with Yad last year. Believe it or not "Excuse me. Can I tell you something really quickly" are the exact words Yad uses all the time. Stopping a girl on the street is such a ballsy thing to do that your words sounding submissive when you open isn't really an issue and it's not something you have to worry about too much.

Generally speaking picking up girls isn't about how technically perfect your execution is, it's ultimately about the end results. One minute the girl in the first video was walking to the shop to get her shoes repaired, 3 minutes later she's thinking about where's the best place to sit down and have coffee with me. No pickup is ever perfect as such, but most girls aren't looking for perfection. I've found that things go best when I really dont care about what the girl thinks about what I'm doing or saying.

You're right about assuming attraction however, it's difficult to do all the time and it's something I have to work on.
    Last edited by mark; 02-03-2012 at 08:36 PM.

You are right. Honestly I am talking out of my ass here, 'cause you are doing great.

Quick Q. though: Why did you go for a side stop (more of an Andi style stop) instead of the full frontal Yad? Probably logistics, with that other person standing in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkitanko View Post
    You are right. Honestly I am talking out of my ass here, 'cause you are doing great.

Quick Q. though: Why did you go for a side stop (more of an Andi style stop) instead of the full frontal Yad? Probably logistics, with that other person standing in the way.
    I actually did jump in front of the girl in the second video, however she immediately stepped to the side. You cant see it in the video but she was really scared when I stopped her. I think that's why my body language is quite passive here, I think I was subconsciously trying to put her at ease. She seemed to settled down however as soon as she realised I'd visited her home town.

You are a physically imposing dude. I can see how some girls might be scared by your approach.

I am struggeling with that also at times (I am also quite imposing 6'2", good built). If I am not 100% laid-back, and if I put too much energy in the stop, I see the fear in their BL. They are like "Waaa, help me, who is that guy" which physiologycally speaking is a great thing. If I a go in smoothly no problem.

In your experience what is best, give her a bit of a startle (might spike attraction (for biological reasons/rollercoaster experience) if you manage to put her at ease) or go smooth? I migth try going more agressive for a week and see what happens.

Actually things seem to go better with the girls who are scared at first. As soon as they settle down they seem to be really attracted. Creating a strong emotional response seems to get the attraction going.

What do you think about saying something like. "Sorry I didn't me to scare you." or "Don't be scared I am not trying to rob you" or just ignore and go with the normal routine (assumption stacking).

I generally just ignore it and keep going, it doesnt happen too often. Once the girl is talking to you for 1 minute or so she'll calm down as she realises you havent tried to rob her.

I know some guys have problems getting girls to stop, 99% of girls seem to stop for me. I think the fact that I'm so physically big has something to do with that, but the flip side is that I scare them from time to time.

I like, good man!
    ''What is this bullshit you are talking about? The only thing worth living for as far as I'm concerned is a nice juicy, white, open cunt hole. This is the meaning of life for me. When I'm stuffing my cock into a nice, slimy pussy. The rest is all horse shit.''

I really like what you are doing in the video. Your voice is very natural and calm, it doesn't feel forced once the conversation gets started.

One thing I would say though is that at the start of the video you fire off your opening questions a little too quickly. Take a pause between each one, you sound a little like you're worried she'll run away if you dont keep talking. You didnt need to worry about this, she seemed hooked from the moment she realised it was a pickup.

Nice work man! I got a tip for you: dont give them choices. You ask them: do you want to drink coffee with me. Dont give them the choice, say: we should drink coffee thogether. Thats my kind of game. I read a lot of stuff about woman psychology, woman want guys to make the decision. Thats evolutionary. Keep up the good work mate!

Quote Originally Posted by loestiaan View Post
    Nice work man! I got a tip for you: dont give them choices. You ask them: do you want to drink coffee with me. Dont give them the choice, say: we should drink coffee thogether. Thats my kind of game. I read a lot of stuff about woman psychology, woman want guys to make the decision. Thats evolutionary. Keep up the good work mate!
    Completely agree with you, I was watching the videos while editing them and thinking the same thing. It's actually very useful videoing yourself to see how you can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincePUA View Post
    I really like what you are doing in the video. Your voice is very natural and calm, it doesn't feel forced once the conversation gets started.

One thing I would say though is that at the start of the video you fire off your opening questions a little too quickly. Take a pause between each one, you sound a little like you're worried she'll run away if you dont keep talking. You didnt need to worry about this, she seemed hooked from the moment she realised it was a pickup.
    Again, couldn't agree more. I was thinking the same thing, it's just the initial nerves I still get when I first open.

Hey guys, quick question.

So here is my personal opener when going direct.

After runing up to a girl: "Hey! Can I randomly tell you something?" "You look blablabla"

I works quite well, I haven't been rejected and girls genuinely "adore" my compliments (most of the time)/my way of presenting it.

Still I wanted to ask you guys' opinion. So?

PS/ I have no idea why I've just asked this question. Maybe just to compare hook phrases. I don't use sorry or excuse me, which is the sligtest of difference. Well if you guys have something to say, please do.
    Last edited by Rekkitanko; 02-12-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Good stuff! Watched the vids, you sure do have a good technique at keeping the convo going, whether its questions, or whatever, worked well.

Some very good points here. I'd like to add though, that don't talk about her profession. You've only just met her, and even though shes being quite honest there, most girls are going to feel uncomfortable. Always try to deflect to a more light hearted topic, or just talk about her appearance. There were moments in that video when I felt like you were trying to pry more than get close to her.. You want to avoid this in the future, because even if you end up getting her number, she is going to think that you are a very serious guy.

Also as most have pointed out, take charge. So instead of asking her where to go, tell her this is where we should go, especially to foreign girls. That's my two cents.

Well done though, you're getting out there, which is the most important bit.
    Last edited by Gman; 02-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.

damnit! now every post that I read, I read with a brittish accent :S
    My night game clubbing Journal! Evolving into a king of the club!
    http://simplepickup.com/forum/field-...ed-%7C%7C.html

Lol. I gotta be tipsy to talk to a girl that long..

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Some very good points here. I'd like to add though, that don't talk about her profession. You've only just met her, and even though shes being quite honest there, most girls are going to feel uncomfortable. Always try to deflect to a more light hearted topic, or just talk about her appearance. There were moments in that video when I felt like you were trying to pry more than get close to her.. You want to avoid this in the future, because even if you end up getting her number, she is going to think that you are a very serious guy.

Also as most have pointed out, take charge. So instead of asking her where to go, tell her this is where we should go, especially to foreign girls. That's my two cents.

Well done though, you're getting out there, which is the most important bit.

Thanks for the feedback but I cant say I agree with you about prying. Talking about what a girl studies and about her career isn't the sort of thing to make her feel uncomfortable. Maybe talking about her health or her relationship with her family is prying but not this.

Also you can see she was very comfortable about what we were talking about, if she wasn't she wouldn't have been too keen to continue the conversation and wouldnt have agreed to an instant date.

You're right about trying to find more light hearted topics but talking too much about her appearance can often make women feel uncomfortable.
    Last edited by mark; 02-14-2012 at 06:15 AM.

snaapdanny is a studmuffin. listen to his comments with a big ear.

like a boss

When are you posting new videos?

Cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsBoomer View Post
    When are you posting new videos?

I've been very ill with a virus since Christmas and I haven't approached a single girl in almost 2 months. I'm going to London for a week next Friday and if I'm feeling better I'll go out and film a bit more then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast