Welcome to the Simple Pickup Forum.

photo Untitled-1.png
Like Tree18Likes
  • 17 Post By RAYDAR
  • 1 Post By ta88

Thread: Texting a girl after you get her number.

Texting a girl after you get her number.

What's up guys. My situation is whether or not you use texting to get to know the girl before your date.

Say you hit it off with a girl and you get her number on Monday. I called her on Wednesday and asked her for a date but she couldn't go on until the following weekend. So next Friday. My main question is how often do you text the girl. I personally hate texting to "get to know the person" and it's probably because I'm pretty bad at texting (girls i like) I'm not very good at being funny or saying the right thing. I typically freak out to much on trying to say the right thing. Do most of you guys text them regularly and hold conversations to stay "fresh" in the memory or do you usually wait until your date. Also, do you try hanging out with them before your date?

I made a post a whiles back. Try some of these out
    (opener) What are you doing, cutie? :-)
    (opener) SURPRISE!
    (opener) Knock knock...
    (opener) How's my favorite little brat doing?
    (opener) Ciao bella! / Mi amore! / My cheri amore!
    (opener) I just made you open your phone for no reason...looks like I got you in check =]
    (opener) Hey goof, I bet my weekend can beat up your weekend.
    (opener) What sort of trouble are you causing?
    (opener) I am luring girls to my house with candy, which do you prefer skittles or M&M's?
    (opener) Hey..do me a favor and text me right back. Just hi or something. My friends dont believe retards can text. We'll show em lil buddy
    (opener) I know my math u+i equals 69
    (opener) Girls are gross...
    (opener) Hey princess, I Just came back from the aquarium and I saw the cutest fish there...it reminded me of you :P
    (opener) I hope you are smiling. If not just think of me!
    (opener) Aliens are coming to abduct all the good looking sexy ass people! You will be safe, I'm just texting to say goodbye
    (opener) Remember guys tomorrow is "Hug a retard" day...So don't freak out like you did last year, NO ONE IS TRYING TO HURT YOU!
    (opener) I miss you and wanna see you, but this dumb security guard won't let me in the zoo. Is there any way you can escape?
    (opener) Why'd you have to give your mom my phone number..? She won't quit calling me now..
    (opener) Did you know a blue whales tongue weighs as much as an elephant!? That’s ridiculous… Gotta love animal planet during the lunch break…
    (for flakes) I just met your twin
    (for flakes) I like talking to you and I don't play games. I think we're really good together. Lets try it if not that's cool and I'm glad we met.
    (push-pull) Out of all the (first name) (last name)'s I know... I think your my favorite.
    (push-pull) You just popped into my head so Hi...now please stay out of there
    (push-pull) Everytime I see u, I smile. When u walk, I laugh. When u speak, I get excited. For some reason, retarded people amuse the hell out of me!
    (for same night) Sweet dreams, sexy. :-) [name]
    (for same night) Hey I hope you got home safe. [name]
    (attraction) Let's fly to Las Vegas, get married, argue about our third kid's name, divorce, and grow old lonely and depressed
    (attraction) I don't know who you're boyfriend is...but he's not spanking you enough!
    (attraction) I don't think you're ready for this jelly
    (attraction) Awww, you're so sweet. You're making me get diabetes.
    (attraction) I just don't think we should do this anymore...Sometimes you make me feel like I am just a piece of meat.
    (comfort) I was thinking of you...
    (comfort) Something about u seems to always make me smile.
    (sex) This is a breathalizer test. Please blow in the phone.....Result: Positive 90% for sperm breath

MULTI-LINERS
    "congratulations"
    "for what?" "what did i do?" "why?"
    "i was just thinking of u. congratulations =)"

"Who is this?"
    [girls name]
    "I know...I'm just being an ass "

"Did you know that LIPS and KISS are typed the same way on your phone?"
    "I love how soft your lips are, I can't wait to kiss them again."
    Start off with these openers and go from there

this thread needs more text openers

lol im waiting for some legit responses too. i met a girl on the bus today. totally hit it off, sent her 2text messages and let her have the last one. im tempted to text her more, but idk how to play it. every guy doesn't want to give off being too needy. i know she has a bunch of exam reviews to go to tonight, and im guess her exams are tmrw or friday, so i guess.... i'll text her tmrw night? or do you guys think it would be okay to check up on her tonight...

Senior Member Captain Jack Sparrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    lol im waiting for some legit responses too. i met a girl on the bus today. totally hit it off, sent her 2text messages and let her have the last one. im tempted to text her more, but idk how to play it. every guy doesn't want to give off being too needy. i know she has a bunch of exam reviews to go to tonight, and im guess her exams are tmrw or friday, so i guess.... i'll text her tmrw night? or do you guys think it would be okay to check up on her tonight...
    I say tomorrow, if she really is busy that is.

this is gold
    Yo mang have you ever kissed a girl ? If not then join http://simplepickup.com/forum/showth...iss-quot-club-! Got that maricon?

don't hold conversations initially... short bursts of fun casual texting works best (and moments of silence lasting maybe lasting even a few days). it's even better if, by the end of the day, she texts you last and you just leave it and not text back until the next day or later, you will be on her mind most likely if that happens.

my advice is to have the actual "conversation" and get to know the girl more during the date because doing this face to face rather than through texting is a lot more meaningful, texting is rather impersonal and it's harder for a connection to be made.

Awesome texts! Bloody brilliant Raydar!

text her until you feel its ok. if she showed interest in you in person, maybe 3-4 texts either way then ask her to hang out. i like, we should grab a coffee next tuesday. if she says yes just say hows 7? or name a time.. but whatever you do, do not flood her with texts telling her everything about yourself. say enough for her to think, i wonder what...... about you, and not enough so she knows everything about you. because otherwise she will already know everything about you and youll have nothing to say when you see her in person

If you're texting and the girl stops texting back, when do you think its okay to text her again? The day after the next?

THese are good posts! I have been getting alot of numbers lately but the attraction fades during texts... more information on after getting the number would be helpful.

Im going to try some of these out

some of it are really cliche .. i almost threw my iphone into the drain oh wait i did, cause i am using samsung s2 now , fucking awesome phone.
    perfectfly likes this.
    "i wake up every morning feeling so fucking excited thinking about the hot girls i am going to approach . "

I like Raydar's list of line's for texting, ill probably use some of those openers thanks!

when you freak out during texting a girl you like, you're over thinking it. you can say anything you want on text, really. talk about anything. an example, i saw on a previous post under a different category in this forum, shower curtains. what the fuck do you want to talk about shower curtains for? i have no idea. but it's a random thing to say because you don't a shit what you say really.
    only exception is sex. that's it

how often depends on you. some say every other day. few will say everyday (because they don't know shit or desperate wussy bags). most will say 2-3 days at a time. i say every other day, if you wanted to. my texting rules are different than everyone else's. however, it's up to you to follow your own or improvise from others.

don't text. either talk in person or over the phone. you'll hear things better in their voice via calling. you can see and hear truths and lies in person. i personally like in person. if you can't do it, just do it over the phone.

and you don't have to wait until the day of hanging out to text. what i like to do when i'm going to chill with someone is to text every other day. and then, the day before the hangout day, i text her "you ready?" she'll say "for what?". then you say "to get owned tomorrow? just kidding. (then you remind her the time) for our meet up tomorrow"

How you should end the conversation with the girl? When you feel like ending the convo, what do you text her or should you not text her. I don't like texting her something like "bye" or inventing things like "my friend just came over, talk to you later". Is it okay not to text her back after she text you something like "yeah, it was fun", and therefore not initiating the conversation further?

Quote Originally Posted by RAYDAR View Post
    I made a post a whiles back. Try some of these out

Start off with these openers and go from there
    those are some great openers

im not an expert but this is what i know always work just text some random questions but not anything too weird. just keep the conversation going. if she didn't respond simply means u messed up, but if u did just keep texting until she tells u to fuck off, lol just kidding just give her a break don't text her for until i would say 2days just 2 see if shes really into u

Quote Originally Posted by ta88 View Post
    some of it are really cliche .. i almost threw my iphone into the drain oh wait i did, cause i am using samsung s2 now , fucking awesome phone.
    Going to get the galaxy S3 looks sick!

How about some simple openers

"Did you know the coolest guy ever just texted you?"

but whatever you do to open, I think putting the name underneath of it is easier so she does not say "Who is this?" response that wastes my time.

-[name],'guy you met at/ male model/ most handsome guy ever/..ect'

I know this thread is kind of old, but does anyone have more fun openers they'd like to share?

Some of those openers seem kinda weird, never tell a girl your thinking of her, before she shows interest in you. Here's a good text opener..OMG! I totally just saw your twin..her nose wiggled the same way when you laugh..it was adorable..something along those lines. You can even be like Sup Gangsta? How's the thug lyfe?(Jason's opener..props..works like a charm)